WELCOME HOME KITS
Welcome Franciscan Outreach Guests Home with a Welcome Home Kit!
Franciscan Outreach helped Maurice Patton move from homelessness to housing. Last September, Maurice received the keys to his new home. Franciscan Outreach provided all the support he needed to prepare and move into his new home. Maurice received a Welcome Home Kit filled with all the essential items needed to get started in a new home.
“Franciscan Outreach supplied me with everything I really needed. They gave me all the day-to-day life necessities. It’s a nice starter kit,” says Maurice.
Please help us fill Welcome Home Kits for Franciscan Outreach guests who need critical household items for their new homes as they move from homelessness to housing.
You Can Help!
The costs associated with moving into a new home can add up quickly, particularly for those on a limited budget. By providing guests with a Welcome Home Kit, stocked with essentials like kitchen tools, cleaning supplies, and toiletries, you can ensure that our guests start the next chapter of their lives with greater confidence that they have the basic items to get them started.
Donate a Welcome Home Kit!
Consider donating a Welcome Home Kit! It’s a wonderful opportunity for you and your family, friends, church group, and/or co-workers to do something together that can make a real difference in the life of someone who is transitioning from homelessness to housing.
If you have questions about donating a Welcome Home Kit, please contact: Laura Reilly, Director of Development and Marketing at Laura@franoutreach.org, 773.278.6724 ext. 2021.
Welcome Home Kit Items
Laundry Baskets: Used to fill and hold the Welcome Home Kits
- Place settings: plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, cups
- Pans: frying pans, 4-qt saucepans with lids
- Bakeware: baking pans, cookie sheets
- Gadgets: Strainers, cutting and paring knives, long handle spoons, spatulas, tongs, can openers, measuring cups
- Cleaning supplies: sponges, brooms, mops, dish soap, hand soap, all-purpose cleaner, dishcloths, towels, paper towels, buckets, waste baskets
- Towels: bath towels, hand towels, washcloths
- Toiletries: shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, toilet paper
- Bathroom supplies: curtains and rings, toilet brush, toilet plunger, bath mat
- Twin-size sheet sets and comforters/blankets and pillows
- There’s an immediate need for a few full-size sheets and comforters/blankets