WELCOME HOME KITS
A New Home
Many of us are lucky enough to have memories of moving into a new home and all of the excitement that goes along with unpacking belongings, selecting decorations, and making the space our own. For the guests of Franciscan Outreach, a new home means all that and so much more!
For many of our guests, the excitement of turning a key and taking their first steps into a place of their own marks the end to a long and arduous struggle. It is a true turning point in their journey toward making real positive changes in their lives.
You Can Help!
The costs associated with moving into a new home can add up quickly, particularly for those on a limited budget. By providing guests with a Welcome Home Kit, stocked with essentials like kitchen tools, cleaning supplies, and toiletries, you can ensure that our guests start the next chapter of their lives with greater confidence that they have the basic items to get them started.
Donate a Welcome Home Kit!
Consider donating a Welcome Home Kit! It’s a wonderful opportunity for you and your family, friends, church group, and/or co-workers to do something together that can make a real difference in the life of someone who is transitioning from homelessness to housing.
If you have questions about donating a Welcome Home Kit, please contact: Laura Reilly, Director of Development and Marketing at Laura@franoutreach.org, 773.278.6724 ext. 2021.
Welcome Home Kit Items
Laundry Baskets: Used to fill and hold the Welcome Home Kits
- Place settings: plates, bowls, silverware, glasses, cups
- Pans: frying pans, 4-qt saucepans with lids
- Bakeware: baking pans, cookie sheets
- Gadgets: Strainers, cutting and paring knives, long handle spoons, spatulas, tongs, can openers, measuring cups
- Cleaning supplies: sponges, brooms, mops, dish soap, hand soap, all-purpose cleaner, dishcloths, towels, paper towels, buckets, waste baskets
- Towels: bath towels, hand towels, washcloths
- Toiletries: shampoo, soap, toothpaste, toothbrush, deodorant, toilet paper
- Bathroom supplies: curtains and rings, toilet brush, toilet plunger, bath mat
- Twin-size sheet sets and comforters/blankets and pillows
- There’s an immediate need for a few full-size sheets and comforters/blankets